Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public Folders Not Replicating

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetAdmin2

MIS
Oct 31, 2003
US
I am currently running Exch. 2000 and 5.5 on my network and have successfully migrated all my area office users on to the 2000 server. All users at Headquarters are still on 5.5 temporarily. Communication between my 5.5 and 2000 servers seem to be working fine, however, I cannot see some of my public folders from 2000. I have checked the replicas on server and it is there. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Users on 5.5 server still can see all public folders but users on 2000 server can only see some of them. ??? Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John

I found the problem to this in case anyone is interested. It was not a replication issue after all. It seems that if you are not in Native mode and use groups instead of individual users for permissions on your public folders, you will not be able to access folder. For instance, I have a public folder called ABC and a group called XYZ has Publishing permissions, anyone in the XYZ group will not be able to access folder, however, if Jane Doe has Publishing permissions to same folder she can access, even if in the XYZ group.

If I left anything out, feel free to let me know.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back