Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public Folder Replication

Status
Not open for further replies.

vkode78

Technical User
Nov 22, 2004
US
I have an existing 2003 EXchange server that has Public Folder store. I added a new 2003 Exchange server into the Organization.

However, I do not see any of the Public Folders listed from the old in the new server. When I look in ESM under the new server, the Public folder lists global event,internal, OWA scratch pad. I do not see any of the public folders from the old server in here.

Am I supposed to see the public folder heirarchy in the new server? Its been a few days since the new server is up. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Any insight into how this replication works? As I understand it, the heirarchy replication should be done automatically. But the replica ( is this content?) is stored in only server unless you specify in the folder properties another replication server.

Can I have the content replicated across these two servers or is it not recommended?

Thanks for your help!
Kode

No, you shouldn't see them automatically on the new server. You can have servers that do nothing but host PFs, if you want.

In order for you to see them, you'll need to setup replication. The best method is to go through the first section of

How to remove the first Exchange Server 2003 computer from the administrative group

stopping after number 9.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back