Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public Folder replication

Status
Not open for further replies.

LievenV

MIS
Dec 3, 2002
GB
Hi,
I set up a new exchange server in my site and migrated mailboxes.
Added public folder replication but for some reason some folders remain empty while contents of others are replicated fine.
Replication schedule is set to always.
Anyone any ideas?
Thanks.

How long did you wait? PF replication can take a while...

Thanks for your reply zbnet.
I had waited about 30 minutes.
Changed them all back to the old server and then moved them back to the new one and it looks like this time it went ok.

That's PF replication for you: a mind of its own.

BTW, 'Always' means every 15 mins, so waiting just 30mins is really too short a time to expect it all to work. My standard advice when anyone changes any PFs is to wait overnight...

Um, we have 11 sites each with a server and we set up pf repl to the HQ site. If I remember correctly setting that attribute (replicate) on a top level doesn't always propagate down to sub-folders (if you check the box to do it you can overwrite permissions set at lower levels - not good). Use PFAdmin to propagate that property down the tree.

Steve
Systems Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back