Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public Folder Replication/Server Decom

Status
Not open for further replies.

philzero

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2009
GB
Hi, looking for a bit of advice on public folder replication. For a short period I need to have 2 Exchange 2007 mailbox servers, Server 1 & Server 2,and replicate public folder content between them. At some point all users will be consolidated onto Server 1, and Server 2 will be decommissioned.

At that stage, I will need to end public folder replication before removing Server 2 from the Exchange organisation. My question is how best to do this. I have tried with a test folder to use removereplicafromPFrecursive.ps1 script to remove replication from Server 2. This seems to work, as I can then no longer access the folder from a client on Server 2, but still can on Server 1. However if I then delete the public folder on Server 2 using the PF console, it also gets deleted from Server 1. What am I missing or doing wrong?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back