Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public Folder Replication Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdand

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2000
US
I am having a problem with Public Folder Replication. I have several Exchange 2000 servers that were replicating Public Folder content. I then added a new Exchange Server and set my primary Exchange server to replicate the existing folders to the new box. After which, all of the folder contents on all public folders disappeared, or were blanked out. After looking at the properties of the Public Folders on the different servers, I see several servers still have significant numbers of messages listed in them, yet they do not seem to be replicating.

My questions are, can I force a Public Folder on one server to replicate over top of existing folder, which may have newer content? And, if so, how do I do that? Or, if there is anything else I can do to solve the problem, I would be very appreciative. Thank you in advance.

Scott

Is the heirarchy gone? Sounds like it. If so got a backup?

I've seen this happens because of M drive permissions once. It was fun fixing that. Basically remove all permissions and then allow inheritance again. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

i have several problems with 2 users, this users does't look the public folders,

i've seen the permissions,event viewer, everithing are rigth

i don't know
how can i do????????
thank's

Mtg

Well try what Xybertron suggested. If that didnt work, then stop replicating to all of your servers. Find a server with the right public folder content, and then delete the public folders from the other servers. Start replication from the server withe the right content back to the other servers.

If you find that the right folders arent all on 1 server, then try to replicate them individually to 1 good server, and then from that server replicate everything to the others.

Copy them to pst from the good server then delete them on all servers and then add them back and add replicas. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back