Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public folder replication from Exch 2000 to Exch 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS40

Vendor
May 29, 2003
US
I have setup and added Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server to an existing Exchange 2000 site on a Windows 2000 server and have been moving mailboxes with no problems. Also there has been no mailbox access issues. When I try to setup replication for the public folders to Exchange 2003 there are no errors yet nothing is replicating. I have even set it to immediate, urgent and nothing has happened and its been over a week. I even checked with and followed MS Articles Q288150 and Q307917 and couldn't find anything else on this. Any ideas? I eventually want to move the smtp connector and remove the old Exchange 2000 from the site.

Hi,

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I have found at least 7 identical postings, and *none* have gotten replies with a resolution....

TIA for any help you can offer,

Martijn

Martijn Middelplaats
CCDA, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE
martijn at middelplaats dot net

We never got an answer so had to work around it. I believe they were either manually copied or created on the new server.

I added in Exchange 2K3 SERVER2 recently. I am not able to replicate public folder to the new machine. I got the following message whenever I try to manually replicate.

Hope this can give more clue to the problem.

BTW, I found the following related link. It may be helpful to some with simular issue:

===========================================================

A message from 'smtp:SERVER1-IS@cortina-systems.com' could not be delivered because the sender does not have permission to send to recipient 'smtp:SERVER2-IS@mydomain.com'. This is due to a delivery restriction configured on the recipient. (Message-ID: <44CB7A06886F1F4EAB3C7DADDCAB36DB03D6A5@JEUNO.mydomain.com>). A DSN will be generated.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back