Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public folder database corrupted in Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc929

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2003
US
Hi,

My public folder database was corrupted in Exchange 2003 server. I have used MS utility but unable to recovery.
The utility show me to restore the database from backup.

Does anyone know any software can recovery this DB?
Does anyone know this software "ExchangereapirTool"?

Please help!
cc929

Why don't you have a backup? The first line of defense is to restore from the last backup and replay the logs. Is this the only Exchange Server in your organization? Do any replicas of your public folders exist? If you have more than one exchange server, and you have replicated the public folders, you could rehome them. How do you know it;s corrupted? What log entires do you see? It could be a transient issue, or an issue with the logs or checkpoint. You didn't provide enough information in your your post to figure out what the issue is.

Take a look at Kroll (formerly Ontrack) Powercontrols. I've used this product many times with good success. It will recover what can be recover from the public store as well as mailbox stores. When you eventually get things going again, you'd be prudent to revisit backup/restore procedures. A solid backup is your first line of defense. You should only be running the repair tools as a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back