Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public folder calendar - very strange issue post restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmsbony

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2001
GB
Background:

Our exchange server died last week, so I restored it tour spare server. initially to save time I only did private mail. That worked fine.

I have now pulled across the public folders. One of which is a calendar folder holding items for all users in the office.

This came across okay so far as i can tell however one of our users cannot see any of the items in the folder. They can open it and see the calendar. they can create new appointments in it but they cannot see anything (including those items they created).

All other users can see the folder and create/amend items in it.

I have double checked the access rights and set it so that user has 'owner' rights on the folder still no joy.

I am assuming something went funny when I restored the data and that I may need to recreate the mailbox to solve the problem, but i would rather not do this. Any ideas?

BTw - We are using Exchange 5.5, SP4 on Nt4, sp6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back