Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public Folder access from the Intranet page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saya99

MIS
Aug 6, 2002
CA
In Exchange 2003/outlook 2002 and Outlook 2003 environment, how can I provide access to a public folder from the intranet? This public folder still need to be accessible via users' Outlook while being able to access from the intranet. Is this possible?? Thanks.

It's possible if you are publishing Outlook Web Access (OWA). OWA provides access to both mailboxes and Public Folders within an web browser. If you have OWA set up, I believe you could set up a link to the OWA public folders from your intranet home page, and after the user authenticated, they'd be looking at the public folders in their browser.

ShackDaddy

Link to OWA public folders works with proper authentication as you had suggested but how can you link to one public folder only??? Thanks.

I found out the way to handle this.
- Assign "Reviewer" permission for Default on the desired pubic folder( Ex."TestABC").
- Log into AD with a test user that does not have an email account associated to it.
- Type the link from your intranet as : mailservername/public/TestABC
This will take you directly into "TestABC" public folder on Exchange2003.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back