Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public appearance for line without public IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjoop

Programmer
Jun 9, 2001
US
Hi all.

I have a LAN guarded by a Sonicwall TZ190 with a WAN connection through a Cable company (Cox Cable) at a (relatively) slow speed (10M down / 2M up). That line has several public IP addresses. I also have a high speed connection through a private company (100M down/up) that has no public IP addresses, but I need to use that line to stream HD video. I have a Mac (G5, dual processors) running the Wowza Media Server. Is there a commercial service that I can establish a VPN or tunnel to (preferably from the Sonicwall) that would give me a public IP address to get to the Wowza server from the high speed line? I have considered using Google Compute and Amazon Web Services, but I don't need their computing power; just the access, and a constant static IP address.

set up no.ip.org dns and a small piece of software on the pc / server to keep the external ip address updated. you can use this address to remote in to the network. I use it for camera systems in my house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back