Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madsam

Programmer
Sep 11, 1999
US
Does anyone have a Distance Learning public site -- or a prototype application available for public viewing? Would love to cruise through some "example" applications which demonstrate integration of technology designed towards easing the learning experience/promoting collaboration and exploration.<br>
<br>
Thanks in advance!

Madsam, <br>
In my discussion with skeddy in 'getting started with online courses' we talked about the Ziff-Davis University @ zdu.com. This is a commercial site, but has a two-week free trial + it is a genuine up-and-running functioning site.<br>
Check out the 'building online communities' course.

We have an orientation to our courses (and the tools used during the course) that is open to the public. It's designed to be a "teach-piece" on how to navigate through our courses - from internet novice to expert DocuShare (our tool of document management and communication) user. If you look in the Intro & FAQ piece, you will also find a sample graphic a course page. Love to hear any feedback anyone has to offer! The orientation is at I'm actually in the process of re-vamping the organization of the orientation and aim to have the re-vamped version up by Sept. 16. The re-vamping is basically index re-organization, some new pages - mostly language clarification.

Thanks for sharing -- I will take a look and provide feedback.

Try and -these are the two main programs used by post secondary institutions in North America to develop online courses. The course are developed and hosted on the institutions own server. By the end of September Blackboard will have the alternative of being nationally hosted - therefore if an institution has an agreement with webct - they can still use blackboard - the difference is that the course will be hosted on blackboard's system. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back