Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PTF requsite question

Status
Not open for further replies.

weigoldk

MIS
Jan 12, 2001
US
I have a PTF whose status is "Temporarily Applied” IPL not needed.

When I check it's "Requisite PTFs" several are listed as
*DSTREQ.

My understanding is that *COREQ is a co-requisite and that it is installed along with the original PTF.

What does *DSTREQ mean?
and
How or when does a PTF change from being "Temporarily Applied" to being "Permanently Applied."

HTH:

from the IBM PSP site:
DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM FIXED FOR APAR xxxxxxx :
-----------------------------------------------

It is difficult to determine if all PTF requisites are properly installed. PTF install processing guarantees that prerequisite and corequisite PTFs are installed at the time the dependent PTF is installed or removed. However, when a licensed program is reinstalled without installing the same level of PTFs, dependent PTFs in other products may be missing requisite PTFs. Also, PTF processing does not ensure that distribution requisites(DSTREQ) are installed.

As I recall, and someone will correct me if I'm wrong, PTF's go from TEMP to PERM the next time PTF's are applied. Also during the install/apply process you can elect to install the new PTF's Perm, but that's not a good idea as some PTF's may not be good upon installation. You can back out a TEMP PTF but not a PERM

Mike Butler
Iseries Guy -> PC's gone, SUNs gone - WooHoo
"Never put off 'til tomorrow what you should have done yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back