Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PT & Access ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusMgr

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2001
US
I've got PT 2005 and Access 2000 set up with ODBC and Pervasive SQL V8 SP2 (I think that it is 8.15) I upgraded to V8 from 6.15 which I only installed as we had it available before I got the V8. I got the tables to link initially, but after shutting down Access and restarting it, all it will do is crash access. I get the not responding message from Access. I tried deleting all the tables and relinking them, I get to the tbl Customers and Access freezes again.

Do I have an issue with the set up of something? I went in on the DSN and set the parameter to read only, as I am only interested in creating reports based on the PT info and data the we have in our other ERP software.

My other thought is that it is a concurrent user issue with PT and if the accounting group has multiple copies of PT open, I am loosing out on the linking.

FYI, this is my first expereince with PT, I program Access and VBA.

Thanks for your help in advance.

BusMgr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back