Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PST file of outlook is removed after checkdsk /r repair in next login

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahm1985

Programmer
Dec 6, 2012
EG
I have windows XP sp3 i run chkdsk /r after this i open outlook 2007
after this it tell me error message c:document setting/username/local setting/application data/Microsoft/outlook/outlook.PST not found
How i restore file deleted PST
Are you have any tools or any this can help me in restoring PST file

Are you sure the file is missing? Search with the Windows XP search function for *.pst and see if the file exists. If it exists, use SCANPST to repair the file (with Outlook closed).
Link

Location of scanpst for Office 2007: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12

If it doesn't exist, let us know.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Thank you for reply
I search more time not exist by search of windows *.pst this is happen after chkdsk /r
this pst have more emails important
if you can help me
to give me tools or any way can get the pst file
after i make chkdsk /r in next login it make chkdsk and delete file

I also make windows restore but windows not accept to restore before 4 days from file removed by chkdsk /r

Install trial version of GetDataBack for NTFS and run a scan. Choose "Recover Deleted Files" as the option and see if it can see the PST as a file that has been deleted. If so, recovery is possible.

Are you sure you chose to search the entire hard drive for *.pst INCLUDING hidden files and system files option???

Yes i m sure i search for .*pst including hidden files and folderes
but it not exist if it deleted by chkdsk /r
are this program getdataback will recover data deleted

are this program getdataback will recover data deleted
Yes, but I just want you to scan your hard drive with it to see if you can see it as a recoverable file. There are other free programs.

Also you should really not be using your PC at this point to increase the possibility of data recovery. If you use the PC and the file has been deleted, it can be gradually overwritten on the hard drive with permanent damage to the file.

I'm assuming you have NO backup or you would use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back