Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSQL Service "Log on As" disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeisaT

Technical User
Nov 30, 2005
LS
I have installed PSQL v10 WGE to "Run as a Service" on a Vista Business workstation. It is hinted that one should immediately modify the "Log On As" properties of PSQL Service settings in Windows Control Panel to get it to function properly. However, I realise that this option is inactive and cannot effect any desired changes to it.

I am logged on as a User who is a member of Administrators Group.

Is there perhaps major configuration requirements differences between v9 and v10 on workstations? I am accessing a data which is on the Server (also running PSQL v10 WGE).

Rgds,
SeisaT

Do you have UAC turned on or off?
Have you tried explicitly running the services applet as Administrator (right clicking on Services in Admin Tools and selecting "Run as Administrator")?

There are no major configuration requirements differences between v9 and v10.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

I eventually turned off the UAC amongst the many things that I did in order to resolve the error messages that I was getting.

I have also realised that there are no major differences in the configuration requirements between v10 and the prior release.

Thank you.

Rgds,
SeisaT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back