Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSQL Disaster Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinitymarie

Technical User
Nov 21, 2002
Running Netware 6.5 with PSQL 8.6 and Progression 7.6.100a
Question is
If server gets fried can PSQL 8.6 and Progression 7.6.100a be restored from backup to another NW 6.5 server or do I have to install them?

You should be able to restore the PSQL to a new server. The only think you might have to recreate DSNs if you change the server name after restoring. I'm not familiar with Progression so I can't say.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Progression will have to be reinstalled. If you don't have the CDs I can probably get them for you,but you'll need your license file (regist70.dat) or it won't install.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

to dgillz. I have all the disks going back to 7.5and up to 7.6.100a If I use them do I have to use each one in succession including updates or just certain ones. Do you have access to a simpler solution? I do have the license file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back