Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSP9

Status
Not open for further replies.

htguy

Technical User
Sep 23, 2003
I have been using psp7 for quite some time and thought it was time to upgrade. When I went to look into it I see that Jasc is now run by Corel. I also see that they have psp9 and coreldraw.

Is everyone happy with the new relationship and is psp9 th way to go or should I be looking at one of the other products??

Thanx.....D.

PSP9 is still a great product, with eve more features than before, if your happy wth PSP7 but want to upgrade, PSP9 is the way tog. Changing to some other app would involve a learning curve, as they are very different from PSP. Even though psp is now owned by Corel, it still remains a solid product, with all the features you've come to expect and want.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Don't look now, they just released Paint Shop Pro X. It only appears to work on XP or Windows 2000 though, so if your PC is of similar vintage to your version of PSP you may have problems.

I upgraded from 7 to 9 last year. To be honest, I found the PSP7 interface easier to get on with - but that was partly due to familiarity and partly due to all the extra features that have to find room on the screen somewhere. There are some pretty awesome new tools in there.

One improvement of Corel over the old Jasc days is they have an explicit "upgrade" price that's less than half that of the full version. I don't know what version of PSP you have to have to qualify though.

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back