Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSP X2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanWarrior

Programmer
Jun 8, 2008
Hi i have PSP X2 Ultimate and i like it very much pretty strong, i also have PS CS3 and i only want to use 1, but the problem is on PSP there are hardly no tutorials on line or pretty much elsewhere, like how do you do a nose job in PSP? also would you say that PSP is strong like CS3 i can't really tell myself, all i hear is on other forums is PS kills PSP, thanks;)

Unfortunately there aren't enough tutorials on photomanipulation for PSP. For some reason we haven't gone that deep yet (I'm working on a new tutorial site and intend to put stuff like that up, but there's no release date).

What you can do in order to learn PSP is simply try out tutorials that use different tools and then, as you get comfortable with them, you might be able to make the manipulations you want without a tutorial or you could be able to "convert" a PS tutorial to PSP. It can take some time, however, so if you are in a hurry the best thing would be to go with Photoshop all the way.

I don't believe that PSP is strong as PS and it will be even weaker as CS4 is released, but that also depends on what you want to do with the program and the output. For on-screen images you could rely on PSP, but for printing jobs PS is the way to go.

Ok thanks but i don't get it if i fix a photo in PSP and print it how come PS will be better?

Oh, I guess I didn't elaborate much on that one!
When I say print jobs I mean professional printing, large-format posters, banners, outdoors, some processes that require color separations, etc.

Photoshop's focus is on professional users (i.e. graphic designers). While PSP is aimed towards home users, that will either keep the images on their computers or print on a simple home printer, that really don't require working on a color mode other than RGB, for example.

Many tools are similar among both programs and you could easily master PSP in a manner that you could end up emulating many things done in PS. Personally I believe that PS's tools are more polished, but, again, that's because of the final users they are aiming at.

Ok now i get it, no i just take pictures and print from home, but i have read that a lot of graphic designers are using PSP as well so it must be really good,, also from what i see compared to CS3 is that some things are better in PSP like noise removal, clone brush, and a few others;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back