Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSP Naturally Superior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohriver

Technical User
Mar 22, 2000
US
Much to my surprise and amazement I've discovered a co-worker here has been routinely "saving" screenshots as GIF's in Paint Shop Pro and receiving results that are optimized and compressed far greater than I can manage with even Fireworks 4.0! There are no settings or choices required whatsoever; just click and save and PSP reduces the images down to very, very small file sizes by comparison.
Does anyone know what the story is with this? If I had realized this about PSPro, I'd never have bothered buying Fireworks...2.0, 3.0, OR 4.0!
And as for Photoshop's ImageReady: a joke by comparison.

I can hardly believe I'm recommending this, but I have to say if you want small file sizes in a remarkably easy and efficient manner, just use PSPro and save as GIF's.

Its all a matter of choice.... I am an avid photoshop user as well as a Fireworks use. I have made an art out of optimization and I have to say that I have never experienced a time when PSP was any better or worse than Fireworks as related to optimization/file size. Skill plays a big part here I think. There are obviously certain areas of work that I tend to do in PSP and others in Fireworks simply because I am lazy to some degree and naturally gravitate toward that which appears easier to me.

Humans are soooooo oppinionated.... ;-)
Ya' Gotta Love It!
sleepyangelsBW.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back