Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSoft Self Training Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrain

Programmer
Aug 3, 2001
US
I have worked with PSoft product version 7 and 7.5 mainly in a SuperUser capacity and functional lead on OM/INV implementation project. I have now been away from it for about 2 years. I moved from Cali to Florida and the first thing I looked for here was companies using PSoft products. Problem been there are not a lot of companies or any that I have found actually, in my area using OM or INV. Companies here seem to use the HR line and Financial line but not the Distribution or Manufacturing lines.

So my experience is limited to Order Management, Inventory, and Product Configurator. I have used other products from an end user point but not as extensively. For that last 1.5 years I have been in a position of developing MS Access dbs and using VBA, just now starting to learn SQL Server.

Let me get to the point. I have access to a Single User version of FDM 7.0. I am still wanting to get back into using PS, I really like PSoft product. Because training is limited to PSoft employees or companies that have PSoft how would one suggest me increasing my knowledge of PSoft using the Single User version? Like training materials or a mock implementation. One way would be convincing my current employer to go with PSoft because we need an ERP solution desperately here. Not likely going to happen though.

Other thing is if I remember right you have to be a PSoft customer to get a Single User copy. Reason I ask is I was wanting to get a hold of a Single User version 8.0 or 7.5 copy and was wondering if I could order it. This is all for self training and nothing more.

Thanks

Remember the Past, Plan for the Future, yet Live in the Now for tomorrow may never come.
-etrain

Anyone have idea to purchase sigle user software ?
Is passable to connect Peoplesoft sale dept. ask them demo copy, if I tell them I'm interest their product?
Why Oracle can sell sigle user cd pack and peoplesoft not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back