Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PSM Lun Navi question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

POPKORN

Technical User
Jan 10, 2005
US
After PSM lun is created. 0,1,2,3 are used for the PSM lun. I have 30 total drives and I would like to create 1 raid 5 using the space left on the PSM Lun and all the space of the other 26 drives.

The question that I have is, is there a way to use the space left on the PSM lun combined with the other drives? to create a raid 5.

Let me be a little more specific. I have 30 36G drives, I used 0,1,2,3 for the PSM and now Raid Group 223 which is the default for the PSM has a capacity of about 98GB.

I have the option of using this one with 98GB and create another with the 26 drives left but I was wondering if there was a way to combine them or use all 30 even though the size of the first 4 is less due to the fact that the first 4 are part of the PSM.

Anyone knows how to use all 30 without breaking it in 2 raid groups. Is it even possible?

Any help would be appreciated.

--POPk0rn

I think it is possible but you'd lose the space allocated to PSM across all the disks in the array. It really would be better to create a separate RAID group with the 26 drives and then a further RAID group for the remainder of the PSM disks and use that for something else (logs etc.).

Thats what I though, I just wanted to get a second opinion.
Thank you for your response.

PopK0rn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back