Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pseudocode?! Whats this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LauroBezerra

Programmer
Sep 11, 2002
BR
Hi, guys!!!

It´s me again!

Please, somebody can show me an example of pseudocode of computer programming?

What is this?
Teatch me what is.
When do I have to use pseudocode?

Thanks!!!

It is not that difficult to understand,
it is just the stuff in between a flow diagram and your actual programing code, you usually put this on coments once you are writing stuff.
The pseudocode helps you to know where you are.

Example.

! program compute DFT

call readdata
call readorbitals
call readoptions

Start loop 1
Start loop 2
call solution hamiltonian
call diagonalize
check convergence
Go back loop1, until convergence = ok
call next steep
go back loop2
Start loop 3
call molecular dynamics
go back loop 3, until ok

end program

to this stage i can write my program in any language. easy uh?, the pseudocode is the stuff you have on mind while writing. individual instructions is just ...wording

Ed

You make up pseudocode as you go along. It's just when you want to explain a concept, a computing method, or something to someone else, sometimes it helps to write it out in a way that looks like a piece of program, but isn't tied to the syntax of a particular language. After all, the important thing is to appreciate that there is a loop, for example, and not to get bogged down in how C writes a loop.

You usually use pseudocodes when you want to show an algorithm or explain a data flow. Remember that coding shouldn't be an early step of designing...planing should come before, and there, you usually need to use pseudocodes
Aboujouj

Our teacher invented the

APL

"A Programming Language"

It was a mixture of Fortran,Cobol,Pascal,anf french-fries.

We students gave to P another interpretation but
I cannot translate (in English does'not begin with P and is out of Policy of the forum).

bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back