Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pseudo 3D layered gallery component wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasJSmart

Programmer
Sep 16, 2002
Hi

Im looking for a component (or fla file) for flash for an idea that i have.

Iv been looking around all the usual component sites but none of them seem to have what im looking for, so im hoping someone here might know of one...

The effect im looking for is like flying through clouds. But instead of clouds i have images.

i imagine the images would be loaded from an xml file and the order should be first in the xml first shown in the layers, and then the higher the xml order the further away over the z axis the images are. however the x/y placement is random, and several could be on the same z axis level to create a layered fading into the distance kind of look. The further the images are away the more faded they are so you can only actually see maybe 6 or so z levels at once.

i want to navigate around this environment with the mouse, scroll for z axis movement, and mousemove for x/y axis movement.

the images will have to be loaded dynamically as they are made visible over the z-index and unloaded after they fade out because the total is around 1000 image thumbnails so its way to much to preload and to keep loaded.

clicking an image should load a new swf into a top layer and pass a get var so i can load the image details and a larger rendering of it.

additionaly i would like to be able to update the images being displayed via 2 means: 1 several checkboxes with image types, and a search box where a keyword can be entered. idealy this should be pretty much real-time. so if i uncheck one of the checkboxes all the images belonging to that type are removed from the environment. entering letters into the searchbox should emediatly start filtering the images based on maching the entered letters to image keywords.

i know its an extensive idea and im pretty sure there is not going to be a file out there that does exactly this, i just hope to get as close as possible and then modify it to the above :)

Thank you

I learned a bit yesterday, today i learned a lot, imagine what i'll learn tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back