Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PS700-LSR barcode scanner with Royal Alpha 1000ML register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oD64oFy7R1owVkI7W

Programmer
Oct 13, 2015
US
Anyone know how to get this scanner to work with a Royal Alpha 1000ML register?

At present it lights up and beeps when the register is in programming PLU or sales mode. Yet none of the bar-codes I've scanned are recognized by the register.

The booklet it came with has quite a few codes, but thus far scanning them has not helped get the register to recognize scans of UPC codes.

Would probably help to know what kind of POS system. You then would need to know what codes the scanner needs, some put a shift, tab or CR with the code depending on what the POS needs to do with the code.

As I mentioned it is a Royal Alpha 1000ML cash register, and the scanner's booklet includes--what I assume to be--the codes it needs. If anyone knows which codes, or combinations, are required so it'll completely transmit UPC-A codes to the 1000ML register then please share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back