Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PS6 to PS7 upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netherbeast

Programmer
Jun 4, 2002
US
I have the educational version of Photoshop 6. If I bought the regular upgrade for Photoshop 7 would it install? Or would there be a conflict because I have the education version of Photoshop 6?

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure on this, BUT, you should be able to install Photoshop 7 ugrade from Photoshop 6 Educational without problems.

Here is a quote from adobe.com:

"Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Upgrade:

To install upgrade successfully, you will need a serial number and a previous version of this product on the same platform as this purchase. Upgrade does not appply to Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Limited Editon, or PhotoDeluxe owners."

It doesn't say anything about educational versions so I assuming that you should be fine. Isn't the educational version the same version only cheaper and with the words Educational Version on the splash screen???

If you are contemplating buying this, then ask a sales rep at the store you wish to purchase the upgrade from. They should know.

Hope this helps!
NATE
spyderix.gif

design@spyderix-designz.com

Has there been further confirmation that Educational version 6.0 is upgradeable to commercial version 7.0?

From past experience (I have only gone up to 6), I have found that if you use an educational serial on an upgrade, the upgrade will be 'educational' (which just means there is a educational splash screen.

I spoke to an Adobe customer service employee about a year ago and asked what one does to upgrade from an educational to retail version of Photoshop. She said you can simply call Adobe and tell them you are no longer affiliated with an educational institution and you would like to change to a retail serial number. They would provide one at no cost. This may have been misinformation from an uninformed customer service rep (I have encountered a few in my life)... but it may be worth calling Adobe to confirm.

I never tried this since I still have an educational affiliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back