Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prudence of installing Office 97 patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaulana

Technical User
Jul 31, 2001
US
I use Office 97, mostly Excel, programming Visual Basic for Applications. I've never updated the suite with the patches available. Was wondering what the success rate for that would be approximately, how many horror stories there are, or if it is as easy and simple as updating IE's browser. I am nervous that the suite won't work the same after I update it, and that I'll be worse off than before. Currently everything works about all the time. Just recently had an oleaut32.dll error that I was able to research and solve with a workaround. Need feedback. Thanks for any. Kaulana (aka New Daddy Bob)

I am in the same position. Used 97 at home and work with no problems - so I don't see any point in taking the risk. We've all seen the horror stories.

"If it isn't broken, don't fix it". Regards
BrianB
** Let us know if you get something that works !
================================

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back