Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prrivacy Pop-up driving be batty

Status
Not open for further replies.

jldipert

Technical User
Sep 10, 2003
US
keep getting "Privacy" popup in lower right corner of screen.
Even though I have the Mesenger Service disabled in Admin tools I keep getting this annoying privacy pop-up telling me that that my computer could be infected blah-blah-blah. The last option is "to continue with what you were doing"
I've even got Google toolbar installed that is supposed to stop pop-ups and it does in most cses but this pesty little thing is getting past both pop-up stoppers and is a real pain. Thought that maybe the 2 different popups were getting in each others way so I uninstalled the free-version of pop-up stopper nad just left Google toolbar in place. About 10 minutes ago I was questioned about my computers privacy once again. Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to stop this Privacy popup from invading my privacy? Thanks in advance for your help. What s psin

TRY running

Adaware
and

SpyBot Search and Destroy

, they can do no harm, but to rid your system of annoying spyware

-they both do slightly different things. Make sure you look at all the stuff it things is adware to ensure you dont want it.

| Feedback is always appreciated as this will help to further our knowledge as well |

I run Ad-Aware on a weekly basis but it still gets through somehow. Like to thank you for answering but I'm still in search for an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back