Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proxy Settings Will Remain After Deleting from IE Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

alejo20

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2003
US
Hello Everybody,

My issue is so fustrating, ive had this problem for a while now on 3 machines - 1 xp 2-win2k
Here is the problem:

A couple of months ago i elimated my proxy server and now i have a company taking care of my filter, so my old proxy setting on IE is no longer needed, BUT no matter what user i log on to the stations(mentioned above) the setting is still there. i can remove it and its ok, but when i log out and log back in i gotta repeat my process .
I tryed a couple of things in the registry (NO LUCK)

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!
any help is appreciated in ADVANCE.

1. It can be set in Group Policy. Have you cleared the entries there?

2. It may be that your computers are set not to save changes to Internet option settings. Some Spyware tools can do this, as can direct registry changes.

i did clear the entries there and all my other machines are fine, its just these particular machines. i also ran spybot program and it picked up some things which it took care of.
i also tried checkin the registry and i deleted/modified some keys but the changes dont seem to stay or save.

If you use a backslash (\) instead of a slash (/) in the proxy server's
address, the settings may disappear and Internet Explorer will not find
the proxy server.

If you are using the IP address for your proxy server, make sure you do
not include leading zeros. For example, use 192.168.0.1 instead of

Otherwise, you can try booting into safe mode and making your proxy
settings there.

That last suggestiong did nothing. thank you anyways.

anybody has any other suggestions?

am i the only that has encountered this problem ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back