Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proxy permisions some work/some don't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Officer57

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2000
US
Ok, I've narrowed our problem down to a point, but am stuck now. For some unknown reason, some but not all users cannot access the web through the proxy. When they try to access the web, a request for thier network logon and password is opened. They enter it and are not allowed to go any further. It kicks the window open again as if they don't have permsion to access the proxy. Some users have no problem going through the proxy.

NOW, SOME of those that can get through the proxy are either not being logged, or their station's address and their user name on the log is being listed as _,_.

Question #1) How do I force the user to log back into the proxy with their name and password? OR How do I force the proxy to accept the username and password of the person logged into the workstation at the time?

#2) Where should I start to look for why some can and some can't access the proxy? I've already gone through and deleted the accounts who could not get on and re-added them to the proxy's access list. Anything else??

Thanks,
Bob

Bob Couchman
bcouchman@madisonvillepd.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back