Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proxy Exceptions not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

volleyman

MIS
Jun 12, 2002
US
I have a website that is super slow when accessing it through our web proxy. the site owner recommended bypassing proxy based on prior experience.

I have turned off the proxy entirely and the performance of the site increases dramatically. Yet when I turn the proxy on and add the site name to the proxy exceptions, its still slow. I was wondering if I'm formatting it incorrectly.

it looks like this:
I'm using IE 6. any suggestions? am I formatting it wrong? does it need a wildcard at the end of each site name?

Zane D.
Systems Admin

For all the conditions that are listed above, you would only need to have the exception: *.sitename.com. Not that it's required for the examples you gave, but for the sake of thoroughness, you'd probably want to set your exceptions to: *.sitename.com;sitename.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back