Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proxy connection failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngJoo

Programmer
May 14, 2002
MY
Greetings,
my company have proxy server ISA200 but each time when i wish to log in to citrix i got this error

Proxy connection failed:the configured proxy server failed to establish a connection.

i have installed ICA java client. and some of my friends even told to locate a fill name template.ica(but i cant find it) to add one more line
ProxyUseFQDN=On

i got no problem for the old user which was created before. it is only for new users. i am using exchange 2003.

i know it is hard for you all imagine the real situation. what i need is just some hint on what should i do..

a lot of thanks!!for those who read these..

Template.ica should be on the web server/ Web Interface Server/Nfuse server.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Scott, I have a remote user who is getting "Proxy connection failed: Internal error during proxy evaluation"

after clicking the icon for her published app in the apps window on the WI page...

Any suggestions?

Cheers!
Brandon

Make sure internet explorer checks to see if its the default browser! Make sure it is the default browser!

\Also untick the Automatically detect is not on in Tools/Internet options.

Cheers
Scott

Nothing easy with you is there Brandon[wink]

Cheers
Scott

Another thought

Try adding the IP addresses of the citrix servers you are trying to access on the "Proxy Server Exceptions" list.

Cheers
Scott

Ok, IE is definitely the default browser-

I have gone to IT\Tools\Internet Options\"Programs" tab:
Down at the bottom I have it ticked "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it si the default broswer" Is this correct?

You mentioned somewhere else too? Can you be a bit more specific, please :)

Cheers,
Brandon

UPDATE: FIXED (?)

Scott- saw a resolution on another post... I went to my WIadmin page and selected NONE on the Proxy page. This fixed my issue (I have this users laptop here w/ me on my LAN)

Question:
By choosing NONE, will this prevent my outside users from connecting?

Cheers!
Brandon

I am running an eval of new stuff, so it took me a bit to find it. Its in WIAdmin and Client sided proxy settings.

And another thing to try is

Or in the WIAdmin console, you can add a rule that sets ProxyType=None when the client IP is on the internal network.

Cheers
Scott

Ok, (see my last post)

When I choose NONE in WIadmin, will this prevent my outside users to connect?

Cheers
Brandon

I don't know is the honest answer, I haven't played with proxy's much, they are a PITA.

Cheers
Scott

OK, just FYI-
I had another outside user log out and back in using WI and he had no problems! (after setting PROXY to NONE)...

Now back to thread 1034436!!!!

Thanks Scott-
Brandon

I am scared to look[wink]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back