Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proxy Authentication in a University setting with a gaming application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaele7

Programmer
Dec 5, 2008
US
I've been searching long and hard for a solution to this. I'm at the University of Michigan and they have a proxy set up that all outgoing internet connections have to bypass. Each connection requires a separate authentication.

I'm trying to play Lord of the Rings Online. It's got built in proxy support but doesn't ask for authentication when logging in. It just sees my connection as being refused. I've tried HTTP Tunneler and FreeCap to try to bypass it but to no avail. I believe the proxy is an HTTP proxy and not Socks V5.

The game itself requires
* Port 80 - TCP
* Ports 9000-9010UDP - Server Port
* Ports 2900-2910UDP - Server Port

I think that the UDP ports are the problem as they may be blocked by the university and won't unblock them (already asked).

I was just wondering if there was a way to get around this by tunneling to an external server or some other method. Please and thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back