Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proxy access rights and their values

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanpop

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2001
GB
I am currently performing a review of our Corporate GroupWise system. As part of the review I am looking at proxy rights that have been granted by users in one of our post offices. By using GWCheck in verbose mode I have obtained a listing of users and the "value" of the proxy rights they have granted to other users.

I have obtained a table of the values given to various access rights and from this have managed to identify the proxy rights granted by most of the users. However, there appears to be some proxy rights values that i have not identified. Does anyone know of any additional proxy right "values" other than those listed below, or a reason why GWCheck would show values that can not be made from those below?

List of the basic proxy rights and values I obtained.
mail/phone Read=1 write=2 Read&write=3
Reminders Read=4 write=8 Read/Write=12
Tasks = 16 32 and 48
Appointments= 64 128 192
Subscribe to notifications = 256
Read items marked private= 512
Modify options/rules/folders = 1024
Subscribe to alarms = 8192
All rights selected = 10239

To my knowledge only the following single values (and combinations of these values for both Read/Write) are used to denote what level of rights a person has for each area. Do you have an example of such a case where there are additional values?

0 On the Access Rights list but with no rights given
1 Read Only Mail/phone
2 Write Mail/phone
4 Read Reminder Notes
8 Write Reminder Notes
16 Read Tasks
32 Write Tasks
64 Read Appointments
128 Write Appointments
256 Subscribe to my notifications
512 Read items marked private
1024 Modify options/rules/folders
Archive items (disabled)
8192 Subscribe to my alarms
10239 Everything

FarOut
V-Peace-V

FarOut thanks for list, its about the same as mine but i missed 0.

Other values i have listed by GWCheck are; 2048, 2303, 11263, 11775 and 12287.

So is there a proxy right with avalue of 2048?

Looking further into Novell web site found that Archive Items used to be available under Proxy in GW Ver 5.2. This was discontinued in ver 5.5, but if granted in ver 5.2 the right has been carried foreward to ver 5.5. see TID10052788.

This would solve problem of Proxy right 2048.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back