Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proxy Access listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanpop

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2001
GB
is it possible to extract a listing of all the proxy access rights granted by all the users in a post office without having to gain access to each users account and view their proxy list under Tools, Options, Security.

We recently found a user who had granted all Access Rights to Minimum User Access, and i am looking for a quick way to check that this has not been done by any other users.

I am and have been looking for the EXACT same thing. I haven't been able to find anything though. I have been relagated to logging into each user's mailbox, and manually checking their proxy access list every two months or so. This is a real pain. PLEASE let me know if you hear anything. Thanks.

Sometimes I think I should change my handle to PackRat. Let me know if this would be of any help to you guys. If not I think I have a couple of others stashed somewhere in my archives.

FarOut
V-Peace-V

I had to deal with that about 6 months ago. GW 5.5 and below wasn't very clear on the proxy rights with minimum user access. GW 6 does a much better job. They call it <ALL USER ACCESS> and when you try to change the rights it gives you a pop-up box confirming what you want to do.
I couldn't get the proxyset utility to work for me. You can just do a analyze/fix on the entire PO. Contents check only, and on user db's. Verbose logging. You can search the log file for the problems. I think it was something like ACCESS RIGHTS GRANTED=Minimum User Access. It will stand out like a sore thumb. There is also a stand-alone version of GWCHK32 that you can add PROXYRESET to the support options. This resets minimum user access to NO RIGHTS. I had to do it on 298 PO's. Not fun. Be careful, no my Security Administrator wants a report every month for the Corp office on proxy rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back