Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Provisioning a 32 Port Media Card NTVQ01BB for SIP Trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

pronei

Vendor
Mar 11, 2008
US
When provisioning the NTVQ01BB 32 Port Media Card to Support SIP Trunks, Enterprise Configurator says I need to use the NTM403AC IP Line Flash Card.

I thought when building SIP Trunks I would need NTM405 IP Trunk Flash Card?

Which Flash Card do I need to provision SIP Trunks?

What deployments/configurations does the NTM403 IP Line Flash Card support?

What deployments/configurations does the NTM405 IP Trunk Flash Card support?

Sig Servers do not have DSP resources correct?

My question involves the "internal" onboard CF card that attaches to the NTVQ01BB, not the external flash card slot.

There are 2 different software "internal" CF cards that define the functionality of the Media Card, but I can't remember the scenarios that define which "internal" CF card you need to use.

What are you trying to connect SIP trunks to? Enterprise network or Carrier side SIP?

We need to know what version software your PBX is.

VGMC cards provide DSP resources for IP communications.

The Signaling Server/NRS will provide the signalling (d channel) for your sip trunks, which are programmed on virtual TNS.

Your VGMC cards just need to be running the IP Line software for your release PBX( Ie 4.5, 5.0, 6.0)

It is a 5 minute procedure to get the correct IP Line version running on the VGMC, assuming the internal flash card is in place and you are running the correct firmware for your version VGMC

Connecting 2 CS1000M 4.5 PBX's via SIP trunks.

I think I'm trying to read to much into this.

I think the only time I would need the IP Trunk Flashcard (NTM405) is when using H323 Trunking.

IP Line (NTM403) would be used for Unistim & SIP.

The ntm405 flash card is the os for itg trunk card. The card will not boot without it. You also need a dchip card for the d-channel and the cable that goes with it to connect to a msdl card. You also have to have tm to set the parmeters and define the dialing plan. The itg trunk cards uses a dialing plan more like the BCM, every endpoint has to have a dialing plan in it to direct calls to other itg trunk cards. Much easier to use a signaling server and a nrs to route calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back