Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proving my subnet is slow??? Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCCGaz

Technical User
Jan 22, 2013
GB
Im hoping someone can point me in the right direction here....

For a couple of years i have been adamant that it is quicker for me to go and work from other parts of the building i work in, rather than at my desk in ICT.

Does anyone know anyway i can prove this?
Packet trace etc
As i would like to find out why and put it right if possible.

im absoultely sure that working in "our" ICT subnet means we get slower respones from things like our snmp monitoring software, telephony management softwre and other systems.

Cheers all.

What do feel is slower??? Access to server, internet? What?
I'm assuming that you have experienced this issue on more than one computer in the ICT group. Are you sure that things are subnetted based on group (by floor)?

Give us results of CMD prompt: tracert ip-address
where ip-address is a server on your subnet OR the main server people use. If there are both types, post info for both.

Again from CMD prompt, have you done a PING -T -L 1000 ip-address with same servers as above

Then go to another subnet, repeat. You should give us either two or four sets of info for EACH subnet, depending upon where the servers live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back