Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Providing single quotes as a string

Status
Not open for further replies.

draganp

Programmer
May 29, 2000
CA
Hi,<br><br>In formula column, I'm trying to build Select statement. Where clause of that statement depend on the value in the placeholder column. My problem is that I have to enclose that value with single quotes (because my column in the database is Varchar).<br>Is anybody have any good idea?<br>

<br>I have only managed to set a dynamic where clause<br>from a 'before report trigger' ...<br><br>as in the following example (passing a string to a where clause)<br><br>:p_1 := 'where cust_forename like ''S%''';<br><br><br>As yet I have not been able to set a 'where clause' in a query from a place-holder or a formula<br><br>Cheers<br>Greg B.<br>

I found it ! When ever you want to pass single quotas as a part of the string,<br>you have to enclose everything you want to pass with two single quotas at<br>the beggining and at the end. Greg, thank you for your time and effort.<br><br>Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back