Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ProvideX ODBC Signon Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2007
US
We have MAS90 3.7 installed in one directory and MAS90 4.0 installed in another directory on a Windows 2000 Server with Service Pack 4. We have a couple of uses with Windows XP service pack 2 computers who use MAS90. On the payroll clerks computer we have the mas90 3.7 and 4.0 workstation software installed and have no problems with either versions of MAS90. If the payroll clerk tries to do payroll on the purchasing computer which also has MAS90 3.7 and 4.0 installed she is unable to print a report from the the Daily Transaction Register. She gets the following popup error: "ZThe following error occured while connecting to SQL Server:\S000: [ProvideX][ODBC Driver][MAS90]Signon failure"

I've tried reinstalling workstation 4.0. I've tried uninstalling workstation 3.7 and 4.0 and then first installing 3.7 and then 4.0 and still have the same problem. There are no problems with printing reports in 3.7 I don't know why, but we only use 4.0 for payroll. Any suggestions would be great.

The Client Server ODBC driver is partially configured or not set up correctly.

I suspect you have selected by mistake a setting indicating it is installed.

If you are not using the Sage MAS 200 Client Server ODBC driver, remove the Client Server ODBC driver settings:

In System Configuration, clear the "Enable C/S ODBC Driver" check box.
In User Maintenance Preferences, select the "Enable C/S ODBC Driver" check box.
On the 'Server' tab of the SOTAMAS90 driver, remove the 'Port and Server Name' settings.

It is not normal to run 2 different versions of MAS 90 unless you are going through an upgrade. I'd seriously wonder why you aren't on version 4.20 as that's the latest version.

Dawn

I don't know why they only migrated the payroll over to 4.0 I wasn't here then and anyone who would no is long gone. We did just receive the CD to upgrade to 4.2, but they are afraid of change and so we won't be upgrading to that either. I wasn't given the correct information from the user. It turns out that the person was logging on to the other computer under a different Windows userid, but logging in to MAS90 under the same MAS90 userid. I had completly removed/unintstalled the 3.7 and 4.0 workstation software from the computer and reinstalled it. They were still complaining of the error. So I gave the other Windows userid Administrative rights in the domain as suggested by someone else, but as it turns out they hadn't even tried to go back in under the other username on that computer since I had reinstalled the software. Again they were misleading me. Now they no longer have the problem. So either giving the Windows userid Administrative rights in the domain, or uninstalling/reinstalling the software solved the problem. I took away the administrative rights on the domain and will find out next week if it was necessary for them to have administrative rights.

With MAS you have to have complete Read-Write rights which normally means Admin rights. Most IT guys are anal about giving this out and as a result the companies have constant problems such as this.

With any modern accounting program you are constantly reading, writing and deleting as you process transactions which is why you need admin rights.

And if you are going to go to 4.0 you should go to v4.20 which is a superior product.

You should get the reseller involved and get a test upgrade to version 4.20 set up. You will see that it has a lot of features that are superior to 3.7 and 4.0.

Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back