Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Protection Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spicealdous

Technical User
Feb 25, 2003
GB
Can anybody help me!

I have created a button on a form that carries out a function when selected. I want to know how to make this button prompt for a password before carrying out the function.

Thanks!!

hi

I assume you realise this will not be very secure, since it will be possible to access the password.

Within this limitation, you need to:

In the button, open another form in dialog mode, on this form have a textbox to accept the password, and two buttons OK and Cancel.

If the password is entered Ok, set an appropriate value in a hidden text box (see below) on the original form, if password not entered OK, or cancel button clicked set an appropriate value in the hidden text box on the original form.

Close the password form

On the original form have a hidden text box

On return from the dialog passwod form, check the value of the hidden text box to see if the password was enetered OK of not

If it was do your action

Do you need more than that?, ie code snippits ?

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back