Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Protecting Widows and Orphans in Publisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

annierexic

Technical User
Aug 28, 2003
GB
Can anyone tell me how to protect widows and orphans in Publisher?

Sounds more like a problem for one of the ethics forums to me...

algraff ::)

... thanks for that! I wonder how 'widows + orphans' came by their name in WP/DTP ...? Publisher doesn't recognise the term in 'Help'. In PageMaker and QuarkXPress you simply 'tick' the checkbox to ask for 2 (or more) lines to stay together (in the style sheet dialog box).

If I try to do this manually (by adjusting the text frame), it has a knock-on effect for the following pages. - Perhaps I should be using separate text boxes for each column -? In QuarkXPress you can force a section into the next column.

In a nutshell, I'm trying to avoid have a single line at the bottom or top of a column of text. Can anyone help?

Don't have time to test it here, but I seem to remember that SHIFT-SPACE keeps two words together on the same line instead of wrapping them...maybe you could try something like that...gotta run.

algraff ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back