Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Protect just cells/rows in Excel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedeia

Technical User
May 8, 2001
US
I have the first couple of rows listing catagories, workers here will past their info into this Template I have. Sometime they accidentially delete one of the rows, kinda screws up things.
At home I have XP Office, it seems you can specify certain cells or what ever to be locked down. 97 @ work, does not have that specific feature.
Anyone know how to lock just certain cells/rows?
Thank you!

Not in '97
That feature was introduced with XP I believe

Rgds, Geoff

"Three things are certain: Death, taxes and lost data. Guess which has occurred"

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Cool, that is what I was afraid of. Someone came over to show me how to do it the other day, I did not test it then for copy and pasting but have not been able to reproduce the same supposed results.

You can kinda do the opposite by unlocking ALL cells you want to allow editing in and then protecting the worksheet - the UNlocked cells will be editable. The locked cells will be protected....

Rgds, Geoff

"Three things are certain: Death, taxes and lost data. Guess which has occurred"

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

You know, that is prob what she was showing me but with no detail. That makes sense, will give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back