Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Protect Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMax1

MIS
Apr 8, 2004
US
I wrote a report for a customer using Crystal XI developper version. This customer has a standard version of Crystal report, XI.
I would like to know if there is a way to block the customer access to the code, formulas and other, in a way just allows the customer to use it on his data, but not to change anything to the report setup?

Hi,
Once the customer has the .rpt file on their local system, they can pretty much do anything they want with it..

The only way I can think of to at least make it difficult to modify is to use User Defined Functions and COM components as the major elements of the report and, of course, do not supply the source for those objects..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

That's should be fine. I just do not want the report to go all over without knowing it.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back