Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prosignia 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirvam

Programmer
Nov 23, 1999
US
Are Prosignia 500 easy to find parts for? I have an offer whre I can buy a case with a P-90 chip in and want to know what I would need to make it functional.<br>
<br>
Thanks<br>
Erik

Parts should be available through VARs and Compaq a well as on the &quot;Scrap&quot; market. The box is an EISA or PCI box and should be able to use new as well as vintage parts. SCSI cables and compatible drives are a problem only on the built in SCSI due to the age of the box. Using a newer SCSI card (UW-2 but not a 3 as it won't be able to register as more than a 2) should make finding drives and cables easier. Compaq supplies BIOS upgrades (ROMPAQs) and drivers (Softpaqs) on their website. Memory is available from lots of vendors like PNY and Compaq. Compatibility can be devined from reading the tech specs available on Compaq's support site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back