Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Property and Component Editor Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leroy1981

Programmer
Jul 22, 2002
US
I am tinkering with property editors and comonent editors
for my custom components and I plan to use complex dialogs
for editing certain properties and components as whole. I already know how to override Edit() but I seem to be having difficulty getting the dialog box to work right.
Right now I have managed to get a form or frame to appear upon clicking the edit button but sometimes when I go to compile the test package that contains the editor/editee c++ builder crashes.

void __fastcall TXEditor::Edit()
{
// TForm2 only contains 1 TStaticText child
// I used NULL so dialog would be independent of
// main form
TForm2* Diag1=new TForm2(NULL);
}

It Says "Address Blah-Blah-Blah cannot be read". If you need the address let me know.

Thanks

I believe the problem is that TForm is expecting an address, usually this and it can't handle a NULL address. I've read several articles on creating custom dialog boxes but since I've never had to do it, I didn't pay much attention.

Most of the articles were in C++ Builder Developer's Journal. One article is available for the public ( The rest are for subscribers only. Great mag, FYI.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

When I try using this instead of NULL for a form it cannot find match for constructor TPropertyDialog(TXEditor *const)

And I can't seem to get frames working either. That article talked about adding to existing windows dialogs but I need to be able to start from scratch.

Any Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back