Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Properties of files wont show up !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srkey

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2003
EU
Hi,

i have very weird problem. In last 45 days i have installed exactly 24 Compaq ML310/350 servers with MS W2K Server. Those servers have following configurations:

ML3xx server
W2K Server with SP4
DirectX 9.0b rte
RRAS/NAT with dial-up on 3com v.92 courier
Symantec AV |Corporate Edition 8.01
Microsoft SUS server with SP1
Active Directory with Single Domain Controler, DNS, DHCP, WINS

On around 90% of those servers i have following problem:

Each time i connect to internet over RRAS/NAT while connected i can't get properties of files, folders, AD objects, Event logs,.... when i do right-click. I right-click on anything and i just cant get properties, nothing happens, nothing appears. When i disconnect it is still same situation until i restart server. After restart everything is OK until next dial-up to internet. I was suspicious about RRAS until i did not catch same problem at my home where i have W2K Pro with standart dial-up and Zyxel modem.
I noticed it started to happened in mid august when MS blaster and Welchia appeared in huge manner. I was installing same ProLiant/W2K/RRAS/SAV8.1 solution before august '03 but i never had this kind of problem, never!
What is new in latest Proliants comparing to previous that worked fine is DirectX 9.0b and it is SP4.
I'm almost shure it is Blaster or Welchia "scar" or RRAS issue but i can't find any information on net not even someone complaining not to talk about solution.

Symtomps are also that i can't start almost any program in Program folders menu and SAV 8.01 reports eror "cannot conect to Topology service" and can't display anything no more.

Please help, it's pretty weird problem.

Tanx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back