Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Properties Box - no macros in drop-down list ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron007

Technical User
Aug 13, 2002
GB
I use 1997 lotus approach, when I try to apply a macro to a field via the properties box, no macros are displayed in the macros drop-down-list. At the top of the fields list in the properties box it says <unbound field> could this have something to do with the problem! any ideas anyone ?

The list containing <unbound field> is on the Basic tab of the Info Box and is used to bind a control to a field. You assign a macro to an object on the Macros tab.

Paul Bent
Northwind IT Systems

Thank for your reply, the problem is that no macros are shown when pressing the macro tab on the Attached Macros menu in the 'Properties for', I think that something has been currupted, someone did tell me that this is caused by having a macro that includes a field without a reference, I checked all fields and all have a reference!

I've never seen or heard of that problem before in any version from 96 to 9.8. Deleting a macro may corrupt other macros and custom menus but doesn't cause the problem you describe. If you click the Define Macro button on the Macros tab, do you see all the macros in the Macros dialog?

If it is a corrupted apr then you may be able to recover it by opening one of the dbfs to create a new apr. Then in the new apr, open and join the other dbfs exactly as they are in the problem apr. Then from the menu, in Design, File - Import - Approach file and import the problem apr into the new apr. Scripts don't import unfortumately, you'd have to copy and paste those. Sometimes this will fix a minor corruption but there are no guarantees.

Paul Bent
Northwind IT Systems

I have the same problem, even phoned the help line with no luck in sorting it, said they had never heard of this before, its still not sorted, been like that for 3 years now!

Have you tried replacing the field on your form?

I used to have a few problem with fields suddenly becoming <unbound>, and found that the quickest way to solve it was to delete the item, and then re-insert it.
You should then be able to select your macro.

I never found out why it happened. I always assumed it was something I had done. (I have a tendancy to break things!!)

I read a book once called '101 Things to do in Binary'.
It was the best 5 things I ever read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back