Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Properly disconnecting or logging off XP FR2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbl

MIS
Sep 6, 2001
CA
What is the proper way for a user to end his session? We are using XP 1.0, FR2. Some users are still appearing with Active sessions when the user is no longer connected. What is the best way for a user to terminate his session?
Is there any normal lag time before a session is no longer showing as active in Citrix Management Console?
Thanks for any help

The correct way to end a citrix session is to just use the logoff option on the startmenu of the client. If you are using a published application choosing file and exit on the application has the same effect. If your users are already doing this then take a look at you network card settings make sure your nics are running at a fixed speed and duplex setting rather than auto sensing. Finally I've seen problems with sessions appearing to be connected when the client end disconnected. The fix I used for this was to update the nic drivers for the servers and affected client devices

Thanks Cnorris517. Does the same solution apply regardless of whether the connection was made through Citrix Program Neigbourhood or NFuse Classic 1.7?

If you're using published applications, as I suspect you are, via NFuse, then simply using File, Exit/Close will have the same effect as logging off.

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back