Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proper Restart Procedure KX-TD1232 w/TVS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoundAbout

Technical User
Feb 20, 2002
US
I have 2 1232's, one with a TVS100 and one with a TVS200. Every so often they do strange things and need to be 'rebooted'. My question is: what is the proper restart procedurre? I have basically been waiting until everybody's off the phone, shutting the power to the 1232, shutting the TVS, waiting 'til the TVS's hard drive spins down, start the TVS, start the 1232.

Is there a 'proper' way?

Thanks!

Start the 1232 first
If these system need to be rebooted occasionally you should be looking at their power supply, either a battery backup or connect them to a UPS
these systems don't usually have a lot of trouble unless they are getting spikes of the power supply

Thanks. The battery backup (inline) is old and is probably due to be replaced. Neither of our 1232's need to be rebooted more than twice a year generally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back