Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

proper programming of a new dsc security system using the keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.

felix58

Technical User
Mar 19, 2010
CA
I have just installed a DSC PC1616 panel c/w a pk5508 keypad. This system is to dial out a burglary message to four private numbers via voice message on a model ad-2000 dialer. The system has only two zones with three pir detectors on it. Zone one is to have a delay entry/exit of 45 seconds, zone two does not require delay. There are no door or window devices on this system,so it is very basic in setup. the system is installed in a small car dealership to replace an old failed existing system.My problem is I seem to not beable to get the proper program into the system through the keypad method. The fellow whom I purchased the system through is mostly fire systems and has not been of much help to date.I`m an electrican by trade and this is my first system install of this type and would appreciate any help I can get with proper programming. Thx Blaine.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back