Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Proper Procedures-Power Down/Up MAS Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

demanding

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2008
US
Can someone point me to the proper procedures for powering down and up the MAS servers - this is for documentation purposes and any potential future planned power outages.

I read somewhere earlier if you are just rebooting, that the primary MAS should be done first. Is this the same rule of thumb for a shutdown or does it matter?

I'm assuming the boxes should be unplugged and then reconnected when power is restored - this will bring them up, correct? You will then just check your channels, etc.

There was a published article on the steps at support.avaya.com. With the new servers the Maintaining guide for S8730, for example, on page 14-15 shows the procedure. It basically says to busy-out the ports for each MAS before shutting down. A good rule of thumb is also to Suppress Alarms on the MAS and if it is a MSS backend to Activate Alarm Suppression so these alarms don't go out to a NOC center. After the MAS (starting with MAS1, then MAS2, etc) comes up, open the ports and uncheck Alarm Suppression.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back